- 100% silk dupioni
- bias pleated duster (coat) with hand-stitched appliques
- resist dyed bias silk binding around front edges and neckline
- pleats are edge stitched (face/inside) and permanent
- multi-colored green-gold tones with black-charcoal accents
- slightly oversized silhouette drapes like a soft sculpture
- folds easily for traveling
The HIP CIRCLE SOFT OLIVE DUSTER is a lightweight and diaphanous coat with a kissing front (no overlay). The diagonal direction of the bias pleats create a dramatic and asymmetric flair as the rock-star a-line duster appears to float on the body as it moves.
The motif for the HIP CIRCLE SOFT OLIVE DUSTER was inspired by my signature stitch-resist circular motif for T-shirts. Bias strips of silk were hand-appliqued to the duster prior to pleating and dyeing. The thin, black dyed edges of the bias pleats distort the pattern. Romantic and timeless, this duster moves seamlessly from elegant gatherings worn over a monotone silk ensemble to casual adventures worn with jeans and a top or tunic.
The pleated Accordion BonBon Neckwrap, worn as a soft sculpture, is sold separately (11" wide / $450). Contact Mary for details.
model: Edith 5'6"